Tuesday 1 March 2011

Curiosity led to Enlightenment

 Hola.... Buenos Noches....

I prayed tonight, asking God to lead me on my Bible readings...

He gave me 1Timothy 2:11 (To understand further, I'm pasting it from verse 9)

(9) Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing,

(10) But by doing good deeds (deeds in themselves good and for the good and advantage of those contacted by them), as befits women who profess reverential fear for and devotion to God.

(11) Let a woman learn in quietness, in entire submissiveness. 

This verse gave me a lot of things to think of...

Why do I need it? I'm not in a situation of Female problem :P. Why does He gave me this?


Then out of Curiosity, I went to look up 2Timothy 2:11 but I read the whole passage. and something struck me:
2Timothy: 15, 19-23
(15) Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

(19) But the firm foundation of (laid by) God stands, sure and unshaken, bearing this seal (inscription): The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names [himself by] the name of the Lord give up all iniquity and stand aloof from it.


(20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also [utensils] of wood and earthenware, and some for honorable and noble [use] and some for menial and ignoble [use].

(21) So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.


(22) Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love, [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.

(23) But refuse (shut your mind against, have nothing to do with) trifling (ill-informed, unedifying, stupid) controversies over ignorant questionings, for you know that they foster strife and breed quarrels.


Then God showed me why He gave me 1Timothy 2:11; Well to be honest, I've been thinking much about girls as boys do.... (good thing is I'm still straight hahaha). Anyway, as Boys are, we love to see Hot Sexy Beautiful etc girls. But do we know whether the same thing apply for their inner side?

Do they have a Full Cup filled of Holy Spirit in her heart and soul?
Do they protect and maintain their inner beauty as they do to their outer beauty?

Then He also reminds me of one of the incident which happened when I attended a Leadership Seminar by Rev. Jeffrey Rachmat. What happened was, one person asked him "How do we know that the partner we like is from God?"

The answer was you may know if You are walking to your Goal! Then that partner "MIGHT" be the one from God if She/He run along side by side with you at the same pace and towards the same goal!

Then He made me think, "Why am I given the passage?"  "What's the purpose?"

then I started to reflect on my life, my friends, everything....

I am actually surrounded with a lot of people with multiple diversity.... But somehow I still tend to go more towards the other end... Ain't nothing wrong with that... But then as per 2Timothy 2:19


(19) But the firm foundation of (laid by) God stands, sure and unshaken, bearing this seal (inscription): The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names [himself by] the name of the Lord give up all iniquity and stand aloof from it.

I'm actually required to gave them up. Gave the unnecessary things away... And hey, if that is what I need to do then I shall... If that may add value to my life, Why not?

I do yearn to be close to Him and be His follower so why not?

I do hope though that at least those people will understand why and furthermore they will see His reflection on me.


God bless,


SS675

No comments:

Post a Comment