Tuesday 1 March 2011

Love... What is Love?

 
Last night, Love appears on my mind... What is love?

I was browsing over few friends and that thing crossed my minds... Was I attracted to the person or was I felling affectionate to that person or Do I love that person?

Trying to know deeper, the Question arises, a Fundamental Question - "What is Love?"



Here's the translations:


to like another adult very much and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to have strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family - "http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/love_1"

a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. - "http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/love"
Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. - "Wikipedia"

Bible
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongdoing.
It does not delight in evil,
But rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
There is nothing love cannot face;
There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things that last forever:
Faith, hope, and love;
But the greatest of them all is love.
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

So many meaning of love.... Of course the bible one is the hardest to follow. feeling affectionate is just easy and hard to differentiate between being attracted or actually love the person. 


Being attracted may come from a little portion of the other person; while loving someone takes a larger portion and up to the whole lot. 


I've tried to love a person I guess and it was MAD! 
Because of it, a scratch and wound that took a long time to heal resides within my heart. 
I do fear to love someone and hence I require more explanation on "What is Love!"


Then now after reading the bible, I relate love to God. If I had a bit of slashes in my heart and yet I'm scared, how about God? How He loved us Wholeheartedly with all of His heart over the past decades and yet we as humans, kept on slashing His heart. 


Ex: His love to Adam, Adam was given Eden and Eve; yet they disobey His order. 
The Jews that crucified Jesus. 
as simple as us not performing His demands even the smallest thing in life, it slashes His heart already. 


How about us? as simple as when we don't get our want, we become angry. 
This happens a lot in romance life. Where is the Love then? 


I've been in a relationship where there were no trust. 
There were no faith, etc (basically what ever is written on the bible, just jumble it around) 


So anyway, My understanding of Love is: 


  • Love is not about possession, Love sometimes are about letting it go
  • Love is not a sudden rush, love takes its own time. (Think about a glass and when you fill the glass with water in a rapid rush, what happens? it overflows and it went as a waste to the drain.)  
  • Love is Trust and having Faith; without it, it ain't love, it is death
  • Love is freedom! Love is not a prison.
  • Love is not about what you want and desire 
  • Love is Understanding
  • Love is knowing your own limitations and keep it real
  • Love is speaking the truth and no lies
  • Love is not FAKE but it is the TRUTH 
  • Love will not harm others but it protects with warmth
  • Love may "Hurt" for the truth 
  • Love doesn't Judge 
  • Love is accepting the shortfall and weakness of others 
  • Love is cherishing and appreciating what you have 
  • Love is not Fear, Love is Courage
  • Love is not Jealousy nor Anger nor Hate
  • Love is Appreciation, appreciating what you have
  • Love is never evil
  • Love gives Hope and it doesn't lead to a Fall 
  • Love gives Life and not Death
  • Love may grow but never disappear
  • Love brings a Smile not a Frown
  • Love is Give and Take not on either extreme sides
  • Love is a Divine and Holy thing where I yearn to see when I can reach and grasp it! 
 
 Love is a lot of thing that we can talk about. I may have listed what love to me is but not all of them is with me yet. I still yearn to acquire the Divinity and Holiness of Love. I want to be able to love people with all my heart and never hate others. But in reality I still hate people. 


Like I use to say, I ain't no saint, I ain't no God who can love us humans with everything He has. I still can't do it. but I do hope to learn it and reach that level.  


"Lord I pray to You that us Humans may acquire the love in our mind and may us reach that divinity and holiness level of Love. I pray to you that we may experience love in its best state and avoid those fake love upon us. Let us also learn what love is all about and let us spread love in this world to make it a better place to live. In the name of Jesus, I pray, AMEN." - SS675


God Bless 


SS675
I'm a Growing Weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment