Wednesday 9 March 2011

Humble as a Rice Paddy

Learning to be humble is a really tough task....

Especially as a man with their pride and integrity and other bull craps....

I was told a lot to be humble many times :

  1. Job interview - My ex ex ex (don't know how many) Manager told me on my interview that I need to be humble on the job. 
  2. Rev. Yudha told me to be humble and ignore those "Man" Craps.
  3. Yada Yada Yada
Then at my work, I have no freakin' idea why the hell my Boss kept on pointing at me. I've been working at the area for 3 years, worked with him for almost 2 years. So basically I know My stuffs and Yada Yada Yada.



Hell if I need him to let me know what to do. I know how I perform and I know what I'm doing. I just don't need him to push me all the time and point me.



And Seriously, I don't know what he wants. He want A now then B next time... Get yourself right mate.

Anyway then I was upset. I'm like F*ck it... but tonight when I prayed, I didn't ask God to give me a passage but He gave me anyway. A pretty long one as well. Matthew 5. 


Matthew 5: 
(17) Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.

(22) But I say to you that everyone who continues to be angry with his brother or harbors malice (enmity of heart) against him shall be liable to and unable to escape the punishment imposed by the court; and whoever speaks contemptuously and insultingly to his brother shall be liable to and unable to escape the punishment imposed by the Sanhedrin, and whoever says, You cursed fool! [You empty-headed idiot!] shall be liable to and unable to escape the hell (Gehenna) of fire.
 

(28) But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.


First point that struck me was, wah the rules are becoming more strict.

Then,
(39) But I say to you, Do not resist the evil man [who injures you]; but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, turn to him the other one too.

(41) And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two [miles].


(44) But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

(47) And if you greet only your brethren, what more than others are you doing? Do not even the Gentiles (the heathen) do that?

  • Would you carry a load from 1KM (requested) and carry it for 2KM? 
  • Would you give your right cheek if your left was slapped? 
  • Would you forgive, love, pray, and bless those people that did bad stuffs to you? 
  • How often do you greet random people that you don't know?
How can we be humble like that?

Then, I was reminded by one person I met here, he told me that where-ever, what-ever we may be, how high position we are, we shall always remember a Rice Paddy. why?

Rice Paddy was symbolized by this man as a portrait of Humbleness. Why?


As the picture portrays, a rice paddy grows tall. the taller it grows, it will bow down and this shows how humble a rice paddy is. For me, it is a great metaphor example.

Reminded by all these things, I think it is great if everyone can be humble. How lovely this world will be if everyone is humble (yet it is imaginary scene of mind). I myself is somewhere in between of being humble and not. Hey it is tough.

Though it is tough, I shall not lose and tire from trying. I shall try and be humble as how God is.

Relating to God, how Humble Jesus is? Simple example, when He carried His Cross, people lwere throwing shits, spitting at Him, cursing, yada yada yada.

If he was not Humble, Why didn't He wink and make those people spit at themselves? (He has those powers!)

Why did He even Bother to ask for forgiveness to the Lord for us?

Can we be humble like Him?

Think it personally, what if I spit at your face? what will you do? me? probably I'll smack your Face and rip your tongue hahaha.... (Not the lesson to follow)! Not even spits, even if you bloody look at me with an annoying face, I might give you a big knuckle up your chin! (Don't Do this as well!)


Anyway, give it a thought, Rice Paddy, Humble like Jesus, Humble = Peace!

Thanks be  to God for giving me Matthew 5 again to remind me what I need to ponder :D

God Bless,


SS675

I'm a Growing Weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment