Monday 25 April 2011

Invisible Love

This is a big thing I'm doing here, It is like a premiere of the Blog - "Invinsible Love" hahaha.. I'll let you know why I'm holding this blog... I'm playing the Lead in sharing in our House Church so I can't just release my Blog and then share it (It will be no fun ^.^).

Let's start this blog off and hope it will be a pleasant and teaching a lesson for everyone.

Here is a joke below from my Dad:
(*Warning: You require a bit of tolerance, high level of IQ (or none), a Big Heart!)


Background first; My dad is NOT a Christian Yet (Cross-fingers soon), We are from Indonesia and at Indonesia there are 5 main religions and they are Muslim, Christianity, Catholic, Buddhist, and Hindu.

Then the joke that my Dad love to tell is (a few):

Well he is a Buddhist/Taoism follower (for now XP); if you all notice, how the B/T prays are by using incense sticks and candles.
A question my dad loves to ask to people is "Why B/T is the best religion in the whole wide world?"If you know why, Feel free to comment...

But his answer was these:
B/T have all types of Gods (if you go to a temple you will know) they have Drinking God, God of Gambling, God of Romance, yada yada yada.

The Gods will always grant your wish. Really? Yes? No? According to my dad "Of Couse (he doesn't speak English that well)", Why won't they. If they don't, I will burn them incense sticks. So the steps are like this: (Imagine the Gods are sitting and the incense or anything are below their A*S)
1. First attempt - we use the small incense sticks
Then ok, The Gods may say umm itchy a bit, it kinda feels nice. Your wish were not granted

2. Second attempt - We use the big size incense sticks
Then the Gods got hurt, their a*s got burned by the burning incense; but they get annoyed and do not grant your wish still. then what does my dad do? 

3. The final step --- He lights the Gigantic candles!

Those candles are like 1 meter tall, and yes it lights up for a long time and if you put your a*s on top of it, good luck of getting it grilled.  and yeah after a persistent long effort, the Gods will say this human are so persistent, I will grant whatever he asks Xp... 

(This is just a Joke! No hard Feelings) 

Got you to laugh a bit? So yeah another one to kick start the blog is this question: 
"Which God in a religion is the most intimate or close to you?"
(courtesy of my beloved father)
Is it Buddhist? Muslim? Christianity and/or Catholic? Hindu? 
Which one? 

What will you answer? logically speaking we will answer according to what we believe in. Like me, I will say Christianity. so let's see the explanation:


C: Christianity/Catholic of course, we have a God who is our Father.
D: Noooo... you call your God your Father, but hey in reality we know that we are not that close with our father. we fear him in some ways. Daddy always yells, hit, yada yada yada. So not C!

M: Of course Muslim.
D: Nooo... How can you be close or intimate with your God if you keep on shouting and yelling and even uses a huge a*s Speakers to pray? Hello logic, if you are close, you don't need to shout every time.

B: Buddhist no questions asked!
D: No way, you burn your Gods and say that you are close to your God? They are pissed as you keep poking them with incense and candles.

D: Hinduism is the most intimate and closes to their God. why? Do you have an uncle that is always nice to you? whenever he comes, he would bring presents and yada yada yada? uncle = Om (in Indonesian) and Om (Ohm) is what the Hindu people say in their prayers... " Ohm Sairam" So basically the joke my father tell is The Hindu people call their God as in uncle and usually uncle will always give us anything we want when we ask.

(C, M, B, D ---respective first letter of the religions and D - my Dad)
(Pretty lame? hahaha well it cracks people up if told in Indonesian and live :P  Applause for my Dad?)
(As the warning mentioned, This is a Joke; Forgive me if someone is offended No hard feelings as none intended)

Yeah I confess, I laughed at this joke no matter how many times I heard it from my dad. However, now since my point of view changes, I believe that "Christianity" have the most intimate God. why? here are my points to ponder upon:


1.  God is always with us
Matthew 28:20
(20) Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days ( perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

Do I need to explain this more to public? Isn't it awesome that Our God is always with us wherever we are? Even if we want to flee from Him, we can't (Psalm 139). Our God is not a God who is enjoying "His own leisure time, partying with other Gods, yada yada yada." If you watch a lot of those Greek Mythology movies like Zeus, Hercules, Poseidon, yada yada yada; the Gods are portrayed to have their own problems and activities while ignoring us (Sometimes they even played us "Mortals").

2. God is always faithful to us
2Timothy 2:13
(13) If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself.

Our God never deny us. He is not a God that will turn His back on you. If you do experience these things, Fear not, He is not turning His back on you but He is trying to test you, your heart, your faith. Once you overcome it, you will know that what He does is to teach you a lesson to make you stronger (Proverbs 3:12).

3. He knows us inside and out
Psalm 139:15 (Msg)
You know me inside and out, You know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. 

Another thing that I don't need to blurt it out to all of you; I believe this is straight forward. If someone is not close and/or intimate to us, will they know you? If you are married, your husband/wife would know their respective wife/husband inside and out right? As simple as that.

4. He thinks about us before the creation of the world
Ephesians 1:4
(4) Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love. 

If He is not intimate to us, if He is not close to us (or even doesn't want to be close to us) - My question is - Would He even bother to think about us before He created the world? We are a masterpiece that have been "Hand-picked" by God. So yes, This shows His intimacy to us.

5. We are the most important thing He created
James 1:18
(18) And it was of His own [free] will that He gave us birth [as sons] by [His] Word of Truth, so that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures [a sample of what He created to be consecrated to Himself]. 

Let me ask you all this, will we consider someone to be important to us if we are not intimate/close to them? Will you say that your loved ones are the best in this whole wide world if you are not intimate/close to them? Out of all the things God created, We are the most important thing, we are the "Top of the list priority" in His Agenda.

6. God takes care of us  
Isaiah 46:3-4
(3) Listen to Me [says the Lord], O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, you who have been borne by Me from your birth, carried from the womb: 

(4) Even to your old age I am He, and even to hair white with age will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry and will save you. 

Remember those wedding declarations that A will love B till death do us apart, through health, sickness, yada yada yada. Those who are married, do you perform what you Declared? Of course right? if not, I want to remind you all, What you declared was declared in His house with God's presence (Matthew 5:34-36). So when we are intimate and close to others, we care about them, we take care of them. We want them to be safe, we want them to be well fed, we want them to be happy; God are the most intimate of all as he takes care of us from the beginning till eternity. 

7. God is love 
1 John 4:8
(8) He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.

As simple as God is love shows that He is the most Intimate and Closest God for us. When you love someone, of course, we want to adore, be close, cherish, yada yada yada to them. Love is always the best of things in this life. When we love someone, we give them the best we have. Right? True? Yes. I know it is true because I did that when I loved someone. Jesus loved us so much that He died for us. God loved us so much that He gave away His only son Jesus to die for us. Now the question to ponder is --- "Which other God ever done such thing?"

So God in Christianity and/or Catholic, God is equal to Father/Dad. Right? Then blessed are those who have an earthly father who really expressed his love to you.  You are so lucky that you can feel their love to you directly. Most of us usually have a father who hide their true feelings upon their kids to look and act tough in front of them. My dad is that type; and I'm not saying that we are not blessed and not lucky. We are blessed and lucky to have them (at least I am). 

My dad would never sleep without knowing that both of his kids are in their room and sleeping. However, he won't call us himself; he will ask our mom to call and inquire our whereabouts. My dad will never cry in front of us, he tried to look tough as I said; however on the year 1998 when me and my sister lived in the USA and he was dropping us, I could see that he was holding his tears and his eyes were all red and bulging from those tears. 
This how I know that my dad loves me and an inseparable and irreplaceable bond is there between me and my dad. I don't need to say it or he say it but we know our invisible love exists.

There are another type of dad that destroys the image of our Heavenly Father; these are dads that are out of place and O'Lord, please forgive them as they don't know what they are doing. I can't talk much on these types of dads, because I've told you how I'm lucky to have my dad. Believe me though that Our Heavenly Father is not like that. He is so great that words are not enough to praise Him.

I believe that these 7 points really justify why I'm saying that our God - Jesus Christ (Christian and/or Catholic's God) is the most Intimate and Closest God to us. 

Why does the title say Invisible Love? 
God knows and I know that in reality, many of us are feeling that God is not with us, God is not answering our prayers, God is too busy for us, God doesn't love us anymore, yada yada yada. Look, Forget those stupid and meaningless Condemnation! God is speaking through me that He is there, He is always with us 24/7 and everywhere we are. Hold your faith, Hold your beliefs forever and stand firm for Him as you are going through difficult times. 

Even when facing a huge battle, remember this God will never abandon you, God will always equip you with all the necessary things before He let you off. If you watched Tom Cruise's movie - "The Last Samurai", there is a scene where the new army was not ready and faced a battle and they lost. God doesn't do this; Our God always prepare us to go through the battlefield (Psalm 18:34) and win the war as written numerous times in the books of Psalm.

As I explained my invisible love and bond between me and my dad, God is also invisible from our eyes; thus His love and bond to us are invisible as well through the power of the Holy Spirit.


I do hope that for those who read this blog will be touched by God's Hand and will ponder through it :) 

God Bless, 


SS675
I'm a Growing Weed & a Champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment