Sunday 24 April 2011

My Water Baptism

Hola all....

Am so happy and proud to say that I just went through my Water Baptism...


What I felt was cold because the water was freezing but somehow I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit after all my body went under water and came up to be prayed by my Pastor/Mentor/Leader everything seemed so bright. It was not Gloomy anymore and I felt relieved! So it was awesome.

So why did I do Water Baptism?

It symbolize my faith to Jesus Christ my Lord, it symbolize that I have died and all my sins have been nailed on the cross with Jesus Christ and it is what God wants and what my late Grandmother wants. :)

Even Jesus performs water baptism as written on Matthew 3:13-16
(13) Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John to be baptized by him.

(14) But John protested strenuously, having in mind to prevent Him, saying, It is I who have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?

(15) But Jesus replied to him, Permit it just now; for this is the fitting way for [both of] us to fulfill all righteousness [that is, to perform completely whatever is right]. Then he permitted Him.




(16) And when Jesus was baptized, He went up at once out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he [John] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him.


Why Jesus did? the answer is at verse 15; to fulfill all righteousness as how God wanted us to do.


That is why I did my water baptism and Now I want to give thanks to:
  1. The Lord Himself as today is not a coincidence and I'm so honored to be baptized at the same time with Easter (Jesus's resurrection) 
  2. My Pastor/Mentor/Leader Om Jonathan Pattiasina and his wife (my Leader as well) Kak "Ina" Pattiasina Tangkesalu and family for providing their time, place, and transportation
  3. My brother in Christ Yudy chainy for accompanying me there
  4.  My GARAM Family
  5. All of those unmentionable but I believe you all know who you are

God Bless,

SS675,

I'm a growing weed and a champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment