Monday 28 February 2011

Our Faith vs Abraham's Faith

I was reading a book today; the fastest book I ever rate in one day... I hit 40+ pages in one day... well don't compare it to reading a comic book hahaha....

well this book "Power of Prosperity"is written by Philip East from East to East Ministry.

Believe me, I'm not a reading type of guy. you give me a newspaper, I go and search for the comic side and then throw it away.

Well anyway back to my point, I was reading one of the chapters, and he was talking about Abraham's faith to God. Abraham is a very faithful and true believer of God. He does every single thing as per God's command.

A reflection of Abraham strikes me down today which was his Faith....


Theoretically speaking, I myself finds it hard for me to perform like Abraham.
I believed that I have never seen one as well having the same faith as Abraham.
Talking about present time of people.

why is it hard? lets go and read the bible of Exodus22:1-3

(1) AFTER THESE events, God tested and proved Abraham and said to him, Abraham! And he said, Here I am.


(2) [God] said, Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah; and offer him there as a burnt offering upon one of the mountains of which I will tell you.


(3) So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him and his son Isaac; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and then began the trip to the place of which God had told him.

Can you perform so?
Can you sacrifice and burn your favorite kid?
Let's not talk about that,  have you at least gave your seat in the bus, train, trams, and/or other vehicles for an elderly person or person in need?
Have you talked to the people in need?
Have you give?
Have you stop taking advantages?
 and many more

As simple as that; but hey God did ask us to be kind. Have we done that?

I honestly saying not 100% there. but let us see Abraham's reflection. he was about to burn his favorite son as an offering to God. why? Just because that God asked him to.

what happened in the end?

God only tested his faith.
In the end, God commanded Abraham not to burn his son Isaac.

Exodus 22:12

(12) And He said, Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear and revere God, since you have not held back from Me or begrudged giving Me your son, your only son.

Then the next question is:
What do we do when our faith is tested?
Do we return to God for it? or Do we go somewhere else and felt absolutely lost?
I was somewhere else but now most of it is leaning towards God now and believe me, He does provide us with the best.

just as shown on
Exodus 22:13
(13) Then Abraham looked up and glanced around, and behold, behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up for a burnt offering and an ascending sacrifice instead of his son!

God replaces Isaac with a ram to be the sacrifice for Him in the middle of no where.

I hope this helps,

God Bless

SS675

No comments:

Post a Comment